Five companies today that are looking for qualified candidates in technology, food service, and finance.
SITEL – An outsourced customer-care service company that supports some of the world’s best-known brands with customer acquisition, customer care, technical support and social media programs.
- Currently has 4,000 agent openings, over 150 management positions in addition to at-home opportunities with flexible hours. Announced earlier this month it will add 200 jobs to center in Augusta, GA.
- Top Jobs: customer service agents, managers.
- Hiring in AL, FL, GA, KY, ME, NV, NM, NY, NC, OK, TN, TX & more.
- Has a Work@Home Solutions™ program that enables experienced customer care professionals to work from the comfort of their home office, regardless of geographic location.
- A large percentage of Sitel’s executive team, including VPs and SVPs, began as call center agents.
GATE GOURMET - The world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry.
- Plans to hire over 1,000 full-time employees in the U.S. by the end of.
- Top Jobs: Executive Chefs, Safety, Quality Assurance, Transportation, Customer Service, Food Production, Equipment/Facility Maintenance.
- The average professional Gate Gourmet employee earns $65,000 a year (hourly positions depend on the city).
- Hourly employees have access to complimentary hot healthy meals provided around the clock.
- Joined the 100,000 Jobs Mission this past Spring, and is putting a major focus on recruiting transitioning military and military spouses.
TIGERDIRECT – North American reseller of Consumer and Business electronics and systems — everything from home security and automation to laptops, computers, and software
- Will hire more than 800 people across the US this year.
- Top Jobs: Management Trainees, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, Account Managers, Merchandisers and Merchant Buyers, Retails Store Management, Technical Advisors.
- Headquarters are in Miami and has offices, warehouses and or stores in more than 13 states including IL, TX, GA, NC, NJ.
- Management Trainee salaries start in the mid to high $30s with increases after the rotation is completed, jobs range from $8-10/hour to $100k annually depending on position and experience.
- Is a partner to HirePatriots.com and exclusive sponsor of the first South Florida Veterans Job Workshop in July.
FIREHOUSE SUBS – Fast-casual chain and the only restaurant concept using a steaming method to create hot subs.
- Currently has more than 1,200 job openings and plan to hire hundreds this year.
- Top Jobs: Franchisees, general managers and shift leaders.
- Biggest needs are in the North East (ME, MA, NH, Philly, NY, NJ), WA, OR, CA
- Rated the No. 1 Fast-Food Sandwich by ZAGAT.
- Founded by former firefighting brothers. Restaurants display local memorabilia and images donated by area fire department.
EDWARD JONES – Provides financial services for nearly 7 million clients in the U.S. and Canada.
- Plans to hire 3,000 financial advisors during. Of that, plans to hire 500 individuals with prior military experience.
- Top Jobs: Financial Advisors, who can make $50k-$130k
- Works very closely with the FORCES program, which is a training and compensation package designed to make the transition to a financial services career more attractive to military veterans.
- Has been named a Best Company to Work For by Fortune and was ranked by GI Jobs, CivilianJobs.com and Military Times as a military-friendly employer.